New enhancements in Web of Science in recent upgrade
The latest upgrade to Web of Science included a number of changes. Major changes include:
- ISI Proceedings – Science (for scientific and technical conference papers) has been renamed “Conference Proceedings Citation Index – Science”
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index – Science is now integrated into the Web of Science search along with the other Citation Indexes: Science, Social Sciences, Arts & Humanities
- You can choose to search each Citation Index individually, or in any combination, from the foot of the Web of Science search screen
- Author Cited References from the Conference Proceedings Citation Indexes are now included in Web of Science (from 1999 onwards). This means the Times Cited counts for many papers will display sudden increases.
- A new scientifc web search engine “Scientific WebPlus” has been integrated into Web of Science. Link to WebPlus results from Web of Science result screens – using the Scientific WebPlus link at the top right of the screen.